Sunday, August 3, 2014

5 Days in!

One thing I noticed when I woke up this morning is that my skin is clearer and feeling smoother. However I was very tired and fatigued today. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with getting over the hump of cutting out almost all sugar after being somewhat reliant on the sugar found in fruit as well as occasional use of raw honey and maple syrup as part of my normal diet.

Intermittent fasting the first two days of my meat and veggie diet and eating such low carb those days may very well have played a large roll as well.

I was also ravenously hungry today. Every time I finished eating I thought I would be satisfied, but an hour later, with fatigue rearing its ugly head again, I was craving another meal. It wasn't until I cooked a big gourmet meat and vegetable diet meal with my girlfriend tonight that I finally felt some satisfaction. I think I have to make sure I'm getting enough carbs and calories in general as I continue on through the diet.

Hopefully I restored some glycogen stores and the fatigue will be gone tomorrow!

Here's a quick rundown of what I ate today:


Breakfast - Freshly juiced cucumber juice
                    Applegate's Great Organic American Hotdogs (They're so good and so quick) an hour later

Lunch - Pan fried grass fed beef burgers with Great Lakes gelatin, sea salt and coconut oil
              Steamed zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, onions and carrots with coconut oil and sea salt

Dinner - Organic chicken breast cooked with gelatin, sea salt, pepper and parsley
               Steamed baby carrots with coconut, sea salt and pepper
               Mashed cauliflower with coconut oil, sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and parsley
               Sauteed bok choy, zucchini, onions and garlic topped with olive oil after cooking

Here's what this gourmet (at least gourmet to me) dinner looked like...

Meat and Vegetable Diet Gourmet Dinner


And that's it for day 5! I really upped the calories with dinner and expect to be feeling more energized in the morning. We'll see...

-Rob

Note: If you have any questions or input make sure to comment below! 
     





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, questions or concerns are welcome!

Any spam will be deleted